AM Equipment designs and manufactures windshield wiper systems, motor systems, and electrical components for recreational, marine, industrial, heavy trucking, and mass-transit vehicles world-wide.
We are committed to the improvement of all our processes and to increasing product value while decreasing long-term cost. At AM Equipment, we hold ourselves accountable to our customers and to the successful application and continued use of all our products.
AM Equipment Company History
- Albany Magneto was founded in 1953 as an auto-electric and small engine and equipment dealership in Albany, Oregon.
- In 1987, Albany Magneto Equipment started doing business as “AM Equipment” and gave up small engine parts to focus on wholesaling auto-electric and wiper products to aftermarket and OEM accounts.
- In 1995, the company focused on value-added wiper products supported by team-oriented customer service. AM Equipment also added a Fractional Horsepower Motors Department and a Parts Distribution Center for aftermarket replacement parts.
- In May of 1996, AM Equipment moved into its present facilities in Jefferson, Oregon.
- In 1999 AM Equipment began to develop its own manufacturing of core product components.
- By 2001 AM Equipment was furnishing motors and systems completely made from its own components.
- In May of 2002, AM Equipment obtained ISO 9001-2000 certification.
- And in 2003, AM Equipment added Plant 2 to its facilities.
- During 2005, AM Equipment focused on implementing Lean Manufacturing principals throughout the company.
- In 2006, AM Equipment introduced 2P Plug & Play wiper system, a tubular structured configurable multi-pivot heavy duty wiper platform.
- 2007 expanded lab testing capability to include Shaker, Environmental chamber and Salt Fog Chamber
- In 2007, AM Equipment introduced the 2D Double Driver pantograph heavy duty wiper system for Industrial Cabs.
- In 2008, AM Equipment introduced our Heavy Duty wiper arms, completely manufactured in Jefferson Oregon.
- 2010, AM Equipment introduces the Standard Duty Wiper Arm series, a customizable American made product that replaces the exact fit and function of imported ANCO wiper arms.
- 2010, AM Equipment redesigned the 2P Plug & Play wiper system by introducing features that extended the system’s mechanical efficiency and longevity.
- 2011, AM Equipment released the 1D wiper system.
- 2012, AM Equipment released the 2P-RCV.
- 2013, We developed a sophisticated micro controlled solar tracking actuator motor.
- 2014, AM Equipment release a Superior Washer Bottle.
- 2014, all metal Commercial Duty Wiper Arms with remarkable durability are introduced.
- Today and always, AM Equipment continues to develop innovative products and processes to streamline all areas for growth.